Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Empty Manger

I wanted to find ways to emphasize Christ this Christmas since the kids are getting old enough to understand.

Hopefully this craft will inspire them (and me) to remember why we celebrate Christmas.

I made an empty manger and glued it to another paper, leaving the top open.  I cut up strips of paper to use as hay.  When the kids do something kind or some act of service, we put a piece of straw in so that when the baby Jesus comes he will have a nice soft bed.  I also included a poem about it, but I am not sure where the poem came from.

This tiny little manger, is empty you can see.

Fill it with straw, to make it as soft as can be.

In December add a piece of straw each day,

For service you give and kind words you say.

Show daily acts of kindness. Do them secretly

So this manger will be ready, for a special baby



No comments: